Alex wrote:
That's a bad thing for anyone, not just hospitals, but I doubt if the
system that sends regular email is in any way connected to the
internal patient system.

Not knowing what their system is I have to make sure that email sent from
hospitals gets delivered. Passing ham takes precedence over blocking spam.

Yes, agreed; I just wanted to point out to jdow that the internal
systems are much different than their public systems, so a compromise
of their public system doesn't necessarily mean patient records are at
risk.

Best,
Alex

I don't have any information about the structure of their email system. They may be emailing patients results of medical test and other important notifications, or doctors in other hospitals. My first job is to make sure the good email gets through and block only the email that I'm sure is not good.