Louis Guillaume-2 wrote:

> 2. When outgoing messages are checked, spamd tries to find a
>     user to run as using the recipient's address. The way this
>     is done is to use the user-portion of the recipient
>     address, which is absolutely insane!

When using spamc to send a message to spamd you'll notice that spamd IS NOT
using any information from the recipient's address for user information.
See the spamd docs for more information:
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.3.x/doc/spamd.html
There you'll find the " -u username, --username=username  Run as username"
option.

I guess your mail router is causing this behaviour.