On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 13:51 +0100, a.sm...@ukgrid.net wrote:
> Quoting Karsten Bräckelmann <guent...@rudersport.de>:
> > On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 13:30 +0100, a.sm...@ukgrid.net wrote:
> > > On my system outbound mails are scanned, even though they are sent
> > > using authentication (not SASL auth tho), additionally the wiki
> >
> > So? Yes, authentication and the ALL_TRUSTED rule does not prevent mail
> > from being scanned by SA. Clearly, because that is a SA rule...
> >
> > What *does* prevent mail from being scanned by SA is *NOT* passing it to
> > SA in your MTA. I don't get your point.
>
> Ok I just reread ur first post, I missunderstood you the first time.
> So you are saying if mail is delivered with authentication it will be
> scanned but should not be scored spam due to the ALL_TRUSTED rule?

What I said is, that SA happily will scan whatever you feed it. No
exception.

Whether authenticated mail will be scanned, whether *any* mail will be
scanned, is entirely up to the MTA (or MDA) passing the mail to SA. The
decision whether to scan a mail is entirely out of the scope of SA and
the realm of whatever calls SA.

ALL_TRUSTED does not necessarily prevent a mail from being classified as
spam. It merely scores negative, reducing the likelihood the mail could
be considered spam at the end. This is a scoring system. Other rules
firing still can result in an overall score above your spam threshold.

In case of real, good, human generated mail hardly any other rules
should fire, though. With the notable exception of BAYES_xx and AWL.
Especially the latter easily can score quite high in the case of
scanning outbound mail, if one previously had a long track record of
mis-configuration and mis-classification.

> That still isnt the case on my system, again I wonder if the
> ALL_TRUSTED is therefore dependant on SASL auth?

Please do provide Received headers and the rules hit, as I asked for
before.

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu...@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";