On 6/9/10 2:40 AM, Daniel Lemke wrote:

Louis Guillaume-2 wrote:

2. When outgoing messages are checked, spamd tries to find a
     user to run as using the recipient's address. The way this
     is done is to use the user-portion of the recipient
     address, which is absolutely insane!

When using spamc to send a message to spamd you'll notice that spamd IS NOT
using any information from the recipient's address for user information.
See the spamd docs for more information:
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.3.x/doc/spamd.html
There you'll find the " -u username, --username=username  Run as username"
option.

I guess your mail router is causing this behaviour.

Yes - I see now that spamass-milter explicitly claims responsibility in the man page (and makes no apologies!)

     -u defaultuser
Pass the username part of the first recipient to spamc with the -u flag. This allows user preferences files to be used. If the
             message is addressed to multiple recipients, the username
             defaultuser is passed instead.

Note that spamass-milter does not know whether an email is incom-
             ing or outgoing, so a message from <us...@localdomain.com> to
             <us...@yahoo.com> will make spamass-milter pass -u user2 to
             spamc.

I think I'll have to take it up with my spamass-milter configuration.

Louis