Surely I'm missing something here and when I do a "grep sa-exim /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated", the output is null. Does this mean I don't have sa-exim configured properly?
It means that it isn't being used by exim.

We're veering away from SA-Users topics, but: if you dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config and select "Yes" to the question "Split configuration into small files", then you should find that SA-Exim is used; it [sa-exim] installs a config file at /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/15_sa-exim_plugin_path - the /etc/exim4/conf.d directory is what gets compiled [by the exim4 init script] into /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated if you select the small files config method. Otherwise it uses the monolithic config template at /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template - which doesn't get the SA-Exim stuff added automatically.

I really appreciate the help guys:-)
Jerry

Dominic