On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 13:29:28 -0500
Rob McEwen <r...@invaluement.com> wrote:

> When DNSBL resources are order of magnitudes higher... when the
> largest data files for DNSBLs go from 100MB to probably Terabytes...
> and then trying to transfer that via rsync... and getting all the
> mirrors to handle loading that much data into rbldnsd... THAT will be
> a nightmare. (will Terabytes of RAM be affordable anytime soon?)

I don't follow you.  DNSBLs will only list addresses (actually, /64s)
that have been seen to be abusive.  That number is limited not by the
number of possible IPv6 addresses, but by the number of actual /64
allocations.

[...]

> We have a chance to impose some strict standards for mail sending on
> IPv6 that will lessen these problems. Why wait until its too late?

Because those strict standards all make sending mail less convenient
without affecting spam.

Regards,

David.