> On 2/16/2012 4:54 PM, email builder wrote:

>>>  but it's misconfigured trusted_networks and
>>>  internal_networks what causes SPF to misfire...
>>  Thank you sincerely for your help. I can only imagine that SPF wouldn't
>> fire if I accidentally specified Google in one of those settings or had an
>> error
>> in one of them. In this case, those are at their defaults of empty, so I'm
>> hoping there are other suggestions. Thanks again..
>
> Letting trusted_networks empty is not generally a good idea.  In
> particular, if your SA server is using a private IP, it will default to
> trusting too much.  Specify your local networks in trusted_networks and
> see if that helps your problem.
>
> Leaving trusted_networks empty does not mean "trust nothing";  it
> means "let SA figure out what to trust".

Makes sense, especially if my hunch about the "relayed through one or
more trusted relays, cannot use header-based Envelope-From, skipping"
part of the debug output I just sent to this list is on track.

Is there a way to set trusted_networks on the command line of the
spamassassin command just for testing?