On 8/20/2012 12:56 PM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> On 8/20/2012 12:46 PM, Axb wrote:

>>> I have tried to do this, but to no avail:
>>>
>>> ---------------
>>> # su amavis -c 'sa-learn --spam
>>> /var/vmail/example.com/trainer/Maildir/.INBOX.Spam'
>>>
>>> archive-iterator: no access to
>>> /var/vmail/example.com/trainer/Maildir/.INBOX.Spam: 13 at
>>> /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 539.
>>> archive-iterator: no access to
>>> /var/vmail/example.com/trainer/Maildir/.INBOX.Spam: 13 at
>>> /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 771.
>>> archive-iterator: unable to open
>>> /var/vmail/example.com/trainer/Maildir/.INBOX.Spam: 13
>>> ---------------
>> ~/Maildir/* assumes 1 file=1 mail
>>
>> pls try
>>
>> su amavis -c 'sa-learn --spam --progress --dir
>> /var/vmail/example.com/trainer/Maildir/.INBOX.Spam/cur/'
>>
>> or wherever the message are stored
>
> But first, you need access to the files.  The simplest way is probably
> to add the amavis user account to the group used by the mail directories.
>
> Assuming the group is "vmail", the command should look like this (on
> RedHat/CentOS):
>
> $ usermod -a -G vmail amavis

Thanks, guys. I did consider adding the "amavis" user to the "vmail"
group, but the default permissions on the directories within "Maildir"
are 700 (with vmail:vmail ownership).

So, I'd have to fiddle with the permissions on the entire directory
tree, for each user, which seems like a bad idea.

Furthermore, ISPconfig handles the creation (and deletion) of these
directories, so I hesitate to change anything manually and muck-up the
installation.

While there may be permissions mask that is applied, modifying it seems
risky.

I wonder what the rest of the Dovecot + Amavis + SA world is doing about
this. Maybe I should ask on the Amavis mailing list.

If anyone has other suggestions, by all means, please do share.

> This command will probably need to be run as root.  If you are using a
> different distro, you will need to look up the command to add the amavis
> user to the vmail group.

Much thanks,

-Ben