Hi,

> > We periodically have users that complain about receiving email they
believe
> > to be spam, but it looks to be legitimate.
>
> What's your definition of "legitimate" :) ?
>
> My definition of spam is email which is:
>
>  - unsolicited (ie: the user didn't sign up for some newsletter or mailing
> list and then just decide they don't want it any more)
>
> and
>
>  - unwanted (which of course is a pretty vague and personal definition of
the
> recipient's in itself).

Yes, this is the perpetual question we're always asking. I realize it's so
subjective.

I define "legitimate" as having been sent through a reputable company's
mail system. Chances are, Computer Associates aren't spamming people.

Two of the three messages, although unwanted, weren't necessarily
unsolicited. Ideally I'd like to stop these messages before the users sees
them, but how are we to know whether an individual user wants a legitimate
email or not?

Should bayes be trained on this type of mail?

Anyway, thanks for everyone's input.

Thanks,
Alex