On Thu, 25 Sep 2014, Deeztek Support wrote:

 as already suggested by John Hardin, fix URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001

 "Also: URIBL_BLOCKED - you really want to set up a local recursive
 (non-forwarding) DNS server for SA so that your URIBL lookups will work,
 that might help a lot. "

I can certainly try that, however seeing that I'm implementing block lists on the postfix level, wouldn't that double the lookups? And as an FYI, I'm running my own DNS server.

While your Postfix may be doing DNS blocklist checks on the sending MTA, I sincerely doubt that Postfix is parsing message bodies to pull out URI domains and checking them. That's what URIBL is.

Also, even if Postfix *was* doing that, the "URIBL_BLOCKED" rule hit indicates a local configuration that would likely also be affecting Postfix. So, yes, Postfix *might* be doing URIBL lookups, but if it is it's probably also getting the BLOCKED result.

If you're running your own DNS server, it's apparently set to forward to a large upstream DNS server that's aggregating other queries with yours (i.e. a standard DNS setup). "URIBL_BLOCKED" means the DNS server that's actually hitting the URIBL server (your upstream) has exceeded the "free" query limit.

You might not want to switch your DNS to be recursive rather than forwarding for *all* your queries, in which case you'd set up a dedicated recursive DNS server just for MTA/SA use, and the rest of your network would continue to use your forwarding server.

  A good high-school education is still essential, and
  college is where you go to get one.                -- MiddleAgedKen
 847 days since the first successful private support mission to ISS (SpaceX)