Am 26.09.2014 um 18:19 schrieb John Hardin:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2014, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> frankly the biggest problem is the large amount of idiots hit
>> a "spam" button whenever they can to stop receive some sort of
>> mail - i had that even in my own family "can't you block that?"
>> followed by "yes" after asking "have you subscribed there?"
>>
>> guess how likely it happens for a large mail provider sending
>> 100% clean mail with double-optin to 10000 persons when there
>> are 5% complete idiots - it results in 500 spam reports about
>> the same message - the hardest job by maintaining a blacklist
>> is to catch that idiots and prevent harm for innocent
>
> This is exactly why user-submitted training messages should be manually
> reviewed before being learned

i know - the 3 messages i talked also where in fact no spam but composed
that stupid to match a lot of common spam classifiers and so neutralized
them in bayes which was enough to get spam scored 0.2 points under the
milter-reject value

the current bayes contains 3466 messages all reviewed by me

it showed me even review is not error safe hence the word
"autolearn" is a no-go for me - i doubt that a software
learning by it's own decisions will do it always right

i saw that multiple times with a "Barracuda Spamfirewall"
also using SA behind the scenes with autolearning - after
a new deployment all was just fine, some manual training
and perfect results

over the moths it became every time worser

* more junk slipped through
* more and more legit mail got tagged