> On Mon, 6 Oct 2014, LuKreme wrote:

> >> it is the *default* tag for a lot of commercial spamfilters
> >> if a message was detected as spam but not high enough to drop
> >
> > Those are very stupid filters then.

> Huh?

> > How else would you suggest that a spam filter mark messages that are
> scored high enough to be "spammy" yet not high enough to be
> discarded/rejected, in a manner that will clearly convey that status to
> the end user?

I completely agree with Lukreme that you should never modify the subject to
indicate spam since users just reply back to the sender causing the sender to
think the reply is spam.  I filter for almost 100,000 mailboxes and I got tired
of explaining over and over when we tagged the subject.  Now I just set the
move it to the Junk folder.  (Can't count on Outlook to do anything logical
though.  The Junk Mail Filter in Outlook seems to have a mind of it's own
and it's not consistent.)