On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:27:03 -0600
"@lbutlr" <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:

> > ]]] If action is taken in the delivery process, with the result
> > that the ]]] message does not reach its goal, the e-mail is
> > "suppressed".

> > How does that not apply to a 5xx reject?

> Because a reject happens before the delivery process even begins.

No.  The Heise article (if my memory serves) considers the delivery
process to have begun as soon as the SMTP connection is established.

Furthermore, a 5xx-Reject and 2xx-Discard after DATA happen at *EXACTLY*
the same time, so you cannot say the delivery process "hasn't even begun"
for the 5xx but has for the 2xx.  The timing is identical.

Regards,

David.