On 2015-08-14 17:45 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
yes, but you need to run "sa-update" before restart to fetch the
latest rules and hopefully have a distribution which restarts
automatically after update the package

On 11.09.15 08:21, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
Isn't this a contradiction?  If my distribution automatically restarts
(which it does), how can I sneak in a sa-update run after the upgrade
but before the restart?

if your distribution restarts spamassassin, it will most probably download
the rules before. Not everyone uses distributions...

no, the service restarts are usually rpm-macros in the %post section and not invoke sa-update