It seems that a basic function of an email service provider, these days, is to
keep up with spam. There is nothing unusual about my email.

SpamAssassin is a framework: a framework with seemingly no documentation at
all. I was considering downloading the source files to see if the framework is
documented there. Is that what it takes to administer a mail service? Why can’t
an expert (at CPanel) do this for me?