Am 13.10.2015 um 21:48 schrieb Larry Goldman:
It seems that a basic function of an email service provider, these days, is to
keep up with spam. There is nothing unusual about my email.

SpamAssassin is a framework: a framework with seemingly no documentation at all

no documentationat all?
seriously?

first:   most docs are wothless for you until you manage the whole setup
second: you need to *unerstand* the details to manage am mailserber
third:  a good start would be to not press "reply-all" on a mailing list

if you want to setup a good spamfilter you need to learn a ton of details about all of the involved lyers of mail/dns and invest a huge amount of time, trying, verify and learning to manage it and even after 10 years of doing it somehow perfect you will learn each day new things

in short: it's a lifetime job and if yu don't want to invest the time and energy just delete the mails making it through - you likely have o ckue what amount is alreay blocked - in a good setup only 7-10% of all junk makes it to the content filtes and 95% of all inbound mail is rejected long before