On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:42:04 -0700
Larry Goldman <lgold...@allstarcomputerservices.com> wrote:

> As a customer of CPanel, I was expecting the "competent someone else
> who is supposed to simplify the process of managing an email server
> for me" already to be working for CPanel.

CPanel is just a "hosting control panel" used by a bazillion hosting
providers.  It's a more sophisticated version of Webmin and the like;
you can manage many UNIX services without editing text files because
they're generated from Web-based input by CPanel.

How often the software is updated depends on the hosting provider.
And since most hosting providers operate on razor-thin margins, they
tend to just throw CPanel at the problem and then forget about it
until and unless customer clamoring becomes too loud to ignore. :)

Regards,

Dianne.