On 2010-03-03 16:25, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
2010/3/3 Mark Phippard<markp...@gmail.com>:
(...)
One other "pain" I thought of is that ideally the binaries should be
built using MSVC 6.0 (I am assuming DJ has not changed that).  Since
the httpd binaries are built using that you can have problems if a
newer Visual Studio is used for mod_dav_svn.  You also have to deal
with distributing the MS runtime libraries if a newer version is used.

The "pain" is that is not possible to obtain a legal copy of MSVC 6.0
anymore.  So unless you already have a copy you cannot get it.

Building with Visual Studio 2008 is a lot simpler but has these other
problems to contend with.

I, personally, do not know with what VS version official Apache HTTPD
binaries (*.msi) are built with, but the ones from
http://www.apachelounge.com/ that I am using (many thanks to them for
providing those)  are built with VC 2008.

I had to install VC 2008 redistributable package, that can be downloaded here:
www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

I used Tigris binaries before, but since 1.6.9 I am using the
Collabnet ones. I wish those were available as a zip archive (or with
a command to unpack the installer), though.

This is for a 32-bit OS.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko
One idea I had was installing Collabnet's release and using their binaries to build the Windows msi installer. Don't know if this can be done legally? I think should be OK but I don't know. Anyone who knows ?

/David