On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Ryan Schmidt
<subversion-20...@ryandesign.com> wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2011, at 08:31, Daniela Rivas wrote:

>>> The above seems fine to me, from a "commit to the repository"
>>> standpoint. As far as I can see, this change was successfully
>>> committed to the repository. If you're not sure about that, you can
>>> see the exact contents of index.html as it is in the repository with
>>> the "svn cat" command:
>>>    svn cat https://url/to/trunk/index.html
>>>
>>> But what do you mean with "i would like to update this change to the
>>> repository in another machine"? Do you mean that you want to see this
>>> change in another working copy on another machine, after you update
>>> that other working copy? And that's not what's happening when you
>>> update that other working copy?
>>>
>>> If so, you should also show us the exact command you're executing on
>>> that other working copy to perform the update, and the exact output of
>>> that command. Other than that, the output of "svn info" on the parent
>>> dir of index.html in that other working copy would be useful
>>> information.
>>
>> When I did svn cat http://10.0.0.1/trunk/index.html
>> I got this "svn: El servidor envió un valor de devolución inesperado
>> (405 Method Not Allowed) en respuesta al requerimiento PROPFIND para
>> '/trunk/index.html' "
>
> Then it doesn't sound like that's the correct URL to your repository. Go into
> your working copy and type "svn info"; it should tell you what the repository
> URL is.
>

>> I mean that i have the working copy and the repository in different
>> machines. So the thing that I want to get is if I modify the working
>> copy, get the changes in the repository too.
>
> Of course: that's the definition of committing. If you commit successfully,
> that means the changes have been transmitted to and stored in the repository.
>
> Are you perhaps confused by the fact that, if you look at the repository
> server's hard disk, you do not see the specific files you committed? If so,
> that is normal; Subversion stores your files in the repository, which is a
> kind of database; you won't see the individual files on the hard disk. If
> that's what you're wanting to see, then perhaps you need to read this FAQ
> entry:
>
> http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#website-auto-update
>
> If that's not what you're after, you need to explain in more detail exactly
> what you are expecting to see.

Well. After I have done a svn commit in the repository, I would like
to browser the page, for example index.html. I would like to see the
changes that i did in the working copy, modified in the repository.
When I refresh the page, i get the old copy that i had before
http://localhost/prueba/index.html. I don't get the changes at all.

I am not sure, if it is related with the website-auto-update o maybe
with the svn version i am using.

Finally I could do a svn cat and I got the changes I did, I had a
problem with the URL.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Marguerite