Les - It is an older Centos 4.8 install.  I ran yum install subversion and
copied the repository directory to the new server.  I tried the import
because I didnt have dumps.  I don't know what I am doing.
I tried the dump but got the same message
svnadmin dump /svn
svn: Expected version '3' of repository; found version '5'

Dave - I just installed subversion by running yum install subversion on this
older centos 4.8 install.

Is there a way I can tell what version the repository is?  I would prefer to
install the same version to avoid conflicts with the older OS.