On 2/22/2012 11:11 AM, svenk1 wrote:
Hello.  I've read through some threads, but it seems that the scenarios
assume I have valid repo dumps.  I do not.

What I have is a new server, and the backups of the old server.  I installed
what I can only assume is a much newer version of subversion on the new
server.  I copied my repo directory to the new server and tried an import,
which failed with svn: Expected version '3' of repository; found version
'5'.  In fact, it says that no matter what svn command I put in.

I am running "svn, version 1.1.4 (r13838)"

The current version of svn is 1.7.3... sounds like you installed a much *older* version of svn on the new server. The error message means that the repo is for a newer version of svn. Either install svn 1.7.3, or at least find out what version you were running before, and install the same version. (But I'd recommend installing 1.7.3).

INet: k...@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 36 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++