Hi Gunter,

we were also hit by some spurios javassit failures.

> Fermin Da Costa Gomez schrieb:
> > public class Search {
> >     public List<String> onProvideCompletionsFromFieldName(String partial)
> {
> >         return new ArrayList<String>();
> >     }
> >

> this method name is quite long. Did you try to use a shorter one?

I hear what you say but and will try your suggested solution but you would
agree that this is slightly ridiculous!
What is the point of a modern tool if we are to be again bound by using
variables/ methods of a maximum length.
W'r talking a 64b system not an old ms-dos machine with 640K memory ..

We use several strategies to "fix" the problems:

> * replace @Property annotation by plain old setters and getters
> * reduce the number of @Inject
> * reduce the length of event handlers (which already failed for you)
>
> Once, we were successful by replacing an
>  @Inject LoggerSource loggerSource;
> whith simply
>  @Inject Logger log;

I will keep your recommendations in mind and try to work them into the thing
i'm working on.

Unfortunately we still have no idea why the (mostly random) refactorings
> fixed the problem. IMHO, the only reliable fix was  to downgrade the
> compiler level to 1.5 for all pages.

Really appreciate your feedback and suggestions and i will try to implement/
use them, although it does seem to go a long way in defeating the whole
purpose or at least some important strong parts of T5.

I am a consultant/ problem solver (sw developer) mainly focussing on the
investment banking/ insurance and for my hourly rate (200+) my clients
expect solid advice. I was planning on working T5 into  my solutions but
with this erratic behaviour i can in all honesty not do that. I would even
have to advice against actually using it in production environments.
Please take note of the fact that i still prefer the framework above any
other but having to navigate around these icebergs is not something one
should want ..

If given a choice between documentation and resolving this particular issue
i would always opt for the resolution of the issue. I would even be willing
to make a montary donation to get it out of the way!

Got it out of my system now.

Tia,

Fermin DCG