See the release notes about this; it is an intentional change, to
catch a common case of typos in names of event handler methods (the
component id part).  You may be better wrapping your components in a
<t:if test="false"> than a comment or <t:remove>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210