Hi,
I think you are looking for the part "New Component Class Validations" in
the release
notes<http://tapestry.apache.org/release-notes-53.html#ReleaseNotes5.3-ReleaseNotes%253ATapestry5.3.0>
.

The symbol you have to use to turn off this check is
SymbolConstants.UNKNOWN_COMPONENT_ID_CHECK_ENABLED.

USe this in contributeApplicationDefaults in the IOC module.

Cheers