On 1/3/07, Steve Ingraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

..... I am looking to copy everything in the /usr/local/src directory.
So far I have not been able to see where anything associated with our
website resides outside the /src directory.  So, if that turns out to be
the case could I be confident that everything for the website resides
inside the /usr/local/src directory?

The running instance of Tomcat indicates that it's in /usr/local/tomcat,
not /usr/local/src/...

    -Dcatalina.home=/usr/local/tomcat

Mikolaj also mentioned JRE/JDK.  Hassan mentioned that there could be a
startup script in /etc/init.d that may nave information on where the
JRE/JDK is.  There is not a startup script.  I have to manually startup
tomcat whenever this server is rebooted.

That's, mmm, wierd. And awkward. :-) Is that a policy thing, or just
something no one's ever fixed?

What is the "/usr/local/java/. . ." referring to?  Is this needed for the
website?

Absolutely; that's the JDK referred to above. `java -version` will tell
you which one; if it's 1.5.something you may want to just download and
install the latest 1.5.x, rather than just copy.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]