Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response. I put the compiled class into
                   c:\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes
It was a very simple Hello World servelt from the Java for Dummies book
(page 647) and on page 649 it says to move the compiled class file to that
directory.

Although I now have the Manager application working and have gained access
to it, I am even more puzzled that I cannot access the examples provided by
Tomcat in the way that they suggest.

The fact that I can get into the Manager application by using the URL
"http::/localhost:8080/manager/html" suggests that my Tomcat installation is
all working correctly but the recommended Tomcat URL
"http://localhost:8080/"; still gives the HTTP 400 error.

Ta much and best regards,

Pete

BEN HMIDA aymen wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> Where did you placed your application?

>>> won't
>>> start.
>>> 2.   An "Out of Environment Space" error that affects Windows 95, 98 and
>>> ME.