Did as you suggested but then all I get is a black web page. I right clicked
to look at the source and this was what was shown:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY>
<META content=WBVNTMRYKT name=SKYPE_FRAMEID>
<META content=WBVNTMRYKT name=SKYPE_FRAMEID></HTML>

Not sure if you picked up the addition to my previous post. I checked the
logs and found the following messages in the catalina.2008.12.11.log:

SEVERE: Error deploying web application directory ROOT
java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet is privileged and cannot be
loaded by this web application

I think this may be the root cause of the problem but I have no idea how to
fix it.