The op suggested the payload was getting lost because the connection
closed prematurely, but the post request continued to be processed
without the request parameters. He also mentions a connection timeout
being set too low in his connector settings.
I figured this could be the case for us, but with the keepalivetimeout
as the culprit, seeing how I recently lowered this.

At 10s it's almost like a constant flood of exceptions generated by our
application (because of missing parameters). (mind the application has
1500+ concurrent users, but it's easy to notice on as low as 50)

I can reproduce it on demand with our application, but I wouldn't know
how to create a post request that would stall, the servlet can stall the
response, but isn't processing of the request (i.e. fetching post
parameters) done by tomcat?

You might be able to reproduce it as follows:

- Create a http connector with a keepalive timeout of 5s. (apr w/ 10s in
our case, but it happens with NIO as well. Check previous post for our
connector definition)

- Have an ajax app do post requests to servlet A that logs the post
parameters. (javascript/ajax in our case, check previous post for our
http header info)

- See if any post parameters come up empty at servlet A.

Note that I almost certainly think this only happens w/ clients that use
IE 6/7.

I'd like to help, so let me know if there's anything else I can do.