Hi Chris,

Raising the keepalive-timeout value on the connector definitely improves the situation.

From what I've gathered from what people posted here (thanks guys) and dumping packets I believe the situation to be somewhat as follows:

With nagle's off, IE sends out the http request in two separate packets.

Somewhere between Tomcats receipt of packet 1 (header) and packet 2 (body/parameters) timeout occurs leading to the contents of the second packet to be ignored. Raising keepalive-timeout alleviates the problem by decreasing the chance of a timeout to occur.