Actually, i didn't go on with maven, since my project is already quite
advanced now, i don't want to reconfigure it to use maven. I just tried to
create a sample project to figure out what is the correct combination of
slf4j/log4j to use (bad idea, since it appears to be broken in the original
wicket pom).
So i'm back in my real eclipse project, and this neverending error :

Exception in thread "ModificationWatcher Task" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.slf4j.Logger.isTraceEnabled()Z
    at org.apache.wicket.util.thread.Task$1.run(Task.java:103)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

 even though i'm using slf4j-log4j12-1.4.2.jar + log4j-1.2.14.jar.