Sorry Al, but you lost your money  ;-)

I put back slf4j-api-1.4.2.jar , and still the same problem... Using the
jars suggested by Cristi doesn't help either. But since it seems i'm the
only one to still have the problem, must be a problem with my classpath. I
will recheck after deploying the project in a war. Maybe it's just eclipse
WTP that does some weird things with my classpath.
As always, thanks a lot for your support, guys.