landry soules wrote:
Sorry Al, but you lost your money  ;-)

I put back slf4j-api-1.4.2.jar , and still the same problem... Using the
jars suggested by Cristi doesn't help either. But since it seems i'm the
only one to still have the problem, must be a problem with my classpath. I
will recheck after deploying the project in a war. Maybe it's just eclipse
WTP that does some weird things with my classpath.
As always, thanks a lot for your support, guys.

Gah. Can't believe you haven't sorted this issue out yet!

It's conceptually really simple...

org.slf4j.Logger#isTraceEnabled()

...is a method in the org.slf4j.Logger interface. That interface is in the main SLF4J API JAR.

The isTraceEnabled() method, according to the javadoc, has been available in that interface since version 1.4.

So you either don't have slf4j-api-1.4.x on your classpath, or you also have a version prior to 1.4 also your classpath which is being picked up instead.

If both of those two things weren't the case, you wouldn't be having this issue.

To check the classpath of a running project in Eclipse, Right click on the root node in the debug dialog and choose "Properties". You can find the classpath in the dialog that is shown.

Regards,

Al