Btw, I would mind a decision about this in this weekend, as I'm
finishing the chapter on localization right now :-)

FWIW, I don't like the silent failure we have now, and believe that
using the body as a default isn't very helpful; e.g. if you have the
default body the same as what you intended to put in the properties
file for the default locale (which is something that I often do, and I
can imagine other people doing that as well), and you make a spelling
error in the key (of either the tag or in the properties file), you'd
never notice Wicket not finding the property. Either outputting the
key as the body or throwing an exception is way better imho. However,
I wouldn't vote against people wanting to stick with the current
pattern as it is quite late in the game to change this.

Eelco