thats completely up how you use it
I can think of a lot that dont use models on FormComponents but only on
Forms
If you use CompoundModel then you never will touch or give a FormComponent a
model.
and all your stuff is done on the Model of the Form. (in the onSubmit for
example)

So this can never be generalized like this will never be used this way
The only way for this is to have a complete separate stack of
"ModelComponents/GenericComponents"

See for example Link, Igor says i use model a lot. Eelco says he never uses
it.. (but he uses it on button if i read correctly which is the same thing
as a link)

johan