igor.vaynberg wrote:

> so now you have to do new
> DataView<Void,Foo> which is very noisy not to mention you have to
> remember which one is for the model and which one is for the
> dataprovider.
>
> -igor

I don't know if this is too late, and haven't played with DataViews for a
while but why couldn't you do something to this extent:

public abstract class DataViewBase<T> extends AbstractPageableView<T>
{

        public <K> DataViewBase(String id, IDataProvider<K> dataProvider)
        {
                ...snip...
        }

                ...snip...

        private static final class ModelIterator<K> implements
Iterator<IModel<K>>
        {
                ...snip...

as DataView's children aren't actually supposed to use T - that's what the
DataView's model would use but chooses to ignore it (and we can't know if
some subclass would actually _want_ to use the model for something). Just
drop the T parameter and avoid the noise if required.