On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, David Leangen wrote:
> Normally, it shouldn't be necessary to have to use casting with
> generics. In fact, the idea is that if no casting is used (along with a
> few other constraints that I don't remember off hand), then the code is
> guaranteed to be type safe.
>
> In other words... something seems not quite right with the code above
> because of the cast.
>

> Sorry if I'm bringing up something already discussed. Like I said, I
> haven't really been following this thread.

Heh, it sure has :) You can easily check out the previous
discussions from Nabble

http://www.google.fi/search?q=wicket+nabble+generics&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

To put it short, we're looking for an option where Component
could live without the class level type parameter but IModel
would have it.

Best wishes,
Timo

--