    Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 06:45:05 +0200
    From: Michael Payne <metricmik...@gmail.com>
Subject: [USMA:54120] RE: Don't be a dunce!
      To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>

I can only speak about the English language Wikipedia. Many English
speaking nations use the comma as the decimal, South Africa is one, So
do the French and probably most Europeans. It’s a cleaner way of
writing
and it works for the digits on the right side of the decimal.

  Claiming Americans like their freedom is the same as saying we’ll
stick with American Customary because we’re free to. It does not help
in
international trade! We need standardisation and this is one standard
recommended by NIST.

  Mike Payne

     On 14 Jul 2014, at 06:34, Harold_Potsdamer