Tyler,
Well .. I wouldn't swear to it .. but I don't think so in this case ... There is battery sitting on the tach .. and it needs to go to the ground that will be placed on the primary side of the coil by the ignitor ... Sooooo .. in this case .. we are heading from the tach to the coil ... When the coil is not being fired .. we are sitting with 12 v on each side .......... When we do the rev-limiter for the older ignitions ... the diodes point away from the coils because they are seeking the ground presented by the rev-limiter, (so you are flowing away from the coils in that case). IMHO anyhow .. I was fooling with this arrangement to cut the Vboost operating RPM in half and I just don't remember ........ He will have to try it ... or I will try it myself tomorrow sometime ...... annnnnnnddddddd of course if this "is" true .. then it obviously can't co-exist with rev-limiter diodes. So how much did the "chrome" instrument cover actually cost ??
campbell