Subu, i would really like to know how it started...in terms of V-day, birthday, anniversary...and when giving gifts started dropping from the priorities. This will be hugely beneficial to me.
I was actually angry with Vaskar, thinking he is never going to remember. He is not with me, he is in Delhi...to join me here in April. I sent him two personalised cards but no flowers or anything. as i was angry even before the day had arrived assuming he won't care or remember...and then on Saturday...i was completely surprised to get the goodies. Left me feeling miserable anyway, for having such negative thoughts about him. Ours is almost an arranged marriage...we are still knowing each other i guess. I would think that matters. No? arch On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:26 PM, subramaniam sreenivasan < [email protected]> wrote: > I like the topic too ... > > I agree, things change. Is it supposed to be so and we should accept it or > should we try to fight it? > > This valentine's day me and my wife did not gift each other anything, both > did not have time to shop. We both had a few ideas, but the day just came > too quickly. This is a start and it will spill over to Birthdays and > Anniversaries as well. > > I think arranged or love marriage, this will happen. Priorities will > change. The daily grind (domestic chores, fav TV shows) take precedence. > > Will be good to hear from a few people about this. > > ------------------------------ > From: [email protected] > To: [email protected] > Subject: RE: Views on marriage > Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:54:31 +1100 > > > Super topic Indu, super topic. > I will definitely add my 2 cents in soon. > > Sameer > ------------------------------ > From: [email protected] > Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:25:42 -0500 > Subject: Views on marriage > To: [email protected] > > Hi, > > Arch, beautiful pics!! You both are looking so happy and vibrant and so > much in love in all the pics! I remember my wedding photos..ofcourse there > was the smile and everything..but nervous as hell! Everything went by in a > daze, so many rituals, so many relatives and friends and some of them I > hadnt even seen in my life. I had an arranged marriage like some of u, had > a very little idea of what I was getting into, what kind of a person my > husband was, and what to expect in life. So many scary thoughts as well as > exciting anticipation. Maybe a love marriage wudve felt differently..wudnt > know :P You tell me! Its a hell of a journey, getting to know your better > half, the good side and the bad, living with him/her day in and day out.. > > I got a chance to meet Arch online and chat with her for a little bit > today, and we got to talk abt Valentine's day. She mentioned abt her hubby > dear's long distance gifts, and that had me thinking..how wonderful that > used to feel! We used to gift each other a lot on birthdays and > anniversaries and V days the first few years of marriage. Over the years > ofcourse, we stopped gifting each other so much..things change so much in a > marriage after a few years! Care to share your thoughts on the subject? > How married life used to feel in the beginning, and how things change (if > so) after a few years..after fully knowing the person..after having kids.. > > Arranged v/s love marriage......newly married v/s after a few years...it > would be great to know your thoughts on the same.. > > > Cheers! > Indu > > ------------------------------ > Find your next place with Ninemsn property Looking for a place to rent, > share or buy? <http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/> > > ------------------------------ > Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it > now.<http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/> >
