Matt,
Just to make sure we're on the page, I've done a brand new build using version
5.4.29 you recently released, without maildrop as shown below. Installed,
restarted qmail, still getting permission denied.
Mike.

configure: creating ./config.statusconfig.status: creating
Makefileconfig.status: creating config.hconfig.status: executing depfiles
commands
           vpopmail 5.4.29            Current
settings---------------------------------------
vpopmail directory = /usr/local/hcp/vpopmail domains directory =
/usr/local/hcp/vpopmail/domains               uid = 507               gid = 502
    roaming users = ON  --enable-roaming-users    tcpserver file =
/usr/local/hcp/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp    open_smtp file =
/usr/local/hcp/vpopmail/etc/open-smtprebuild tcpserver file = ON
--enable-rebuild-tcpserver-file (default) password learning = OFF
--disable-learn-passwords (default)     md5 passwords = ON
--enable-md5-passwords (default)      file locking = ON  --enable-file-locking
(default)vdelivermail fsync = OFF --disable-file-sync (default)     make
seekable = ON  --enable-make-seekable (default)      clear passwd = OFF
--disable-clear-passwd user dir hashing  = ON  --enable-users-big-dir
(default)address extensions = ON  --enable-qmail-ext          ip alias = ON
--enable-ip-alias-domains   onchange script = OFF --disable-onchange-script
(default)     domain quotas = ON  --enable-domainquotas
                     *** Domain quotas should only be enabled ***
      *** when using the vpopmail usage daemon ***
       auth module = mysql --enable-auth-module=mysql mysql replication = OFF
--disable-mysql-replication (default)       sql logging = OFF
--disable-sql-logging (default)      mysql limits = ON  --enable-mysql-limits
SQL valias table = ON  --enable-valias          auth inc = -I/usr/include/mysql
         auth lib = -Xlinker -R -Xlinker /usr/lib/mysql -L/usr/lib/mysql
-lmysqlclient -lz -lm  system passwords = ON  --enable-passwd        pop syslog
= log success and errors including passwords --enable-logging=v      auth
logging = ON  --enable-auth-logging (default)all domains in one SQL table =
--enable-many-domains (default)      spamassassin = ON  --enable-spamassassin
       maildrop = OFF --disable-maildrop (default)

> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:05:43 -0600
> From: m...@inter7.com
> To: vchkpw@inter7.com
> Subject: Re: [vchkpw] vdeliver perimission denied for vadddomain -u

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/

!DSPAM:4b18461732717061118818!