Hmmm, I've created a test domain belonging to user balrog, and although vpopmail.mysql file is accesible, messages are not delivered until I change its permissions to 644:

permissions:

/home/vpopmail  40711

/home/vpopmail/etc 40755

/home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql 100640

[bal...@mail ~]$ id

uid=508(balrog) gid=508(balrog) groups=502(vchkpw),508(balrog)

[bal...@mail ~]$ cat /home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql

localhost|0|vpopmail|xxxxxxxx|vpopmail

Attempt to send mail results in  this error in qmail-send log:

deferral: vmysql:_can't_read_settings_from_/home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql/vdelivermail:_deferred,_database_down/

When vpopmail.mysql is made 644, then messages are delivered nicely.

Further testing revealed that although user "balrog" is a member of vchkpw group and can access vpopmail.mysql (see above), this file is not available to him while vdelivermail is running:

15730 open("/home/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql", O_RDONLY) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied)

If I change group of vpopmail.mysql to balrog, then mail gets delivered in this domain.

Could it be that vdelivermail ignores groups? Is it possible at all?

Jukka,

To clarify, the user was part of 'vhckpw' group before I tried reverting to mode 640.

So still having the issue. At the moment it's working with mode 644.

Mike.

> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:45:30 +0200

> From: jukka.kurk...@tjc.fi

> To: vchkpw@inter7.com

> Subject: Re: [vchkpw] vdeliver perimission denied for vadddomain -u

> Thats kind of odd.. did you make sure the user (mike4 i guess) is in

> that group?

> ++jukka

> Michael Mussulis wrote:

Add other email accounts to Hotmail in 3 easy steps. Find out how.

--

Best regards,

 Pavel                            mailto:bal...@msmu.ru

!DSPAM:4b192a3232712125865721!