Hello Michael,

I'm not sure how it will affect security, but perhaps you could make mike4 and other users who need access to vpopmail.mysql members of vchkpw group?

In linux it should be "usermod -a -G vchkpw mike4"

And you can use "groups mike4" command to see in which groups mike4 is.

Jukka,

Good point, but vpopmail.mysql is already group vchkpw and mode 640 doesn't work. I tried and it gives:

@400000004b19000104a3957c delivery 37: deferral: vmysql:_can't_read_settings_from_/usr/local/hcp/vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql/vdelivermail:_deferred,_database_down/

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Michael.

> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:09:44 +0200

> From: jukka.kurk...@tjc.fi

> To: vchkpw@inter7.com

> Subject: Re: [vchkpw] vdeliver perimission denied for vadddomain -u

> rather change the group of vpopmail.mysql to vchkpw and let it be in

> mode 640.. it contains the password for the database, and if anyone who

> don't need to know it has shell access, its a security risk.

> ++jukka

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both.

--

Best regards,

 Pavel                            mailto:bal...@msmu.ru

!DSPAM:4b19109d32711976249256!