You must feel better at 40 pounds lighter, gotta keep moving, stay as lite as possible, and don't smoke!

I think everyone has cut back, the real problem isn't the crash of 2008, but if you look at your income for the past 10-12 years it's maybe the same or darn close to it, but the cost of stuff has zipped right up there. The reason fly shops aren't doing well is they carry just the high end stuff so all the new comers go big box.

One of my students just outfitted his family of 4 to FF and they did it at Cabelas, his budget was 300 per person and they fished all season, locally out of a tent. Our local shop wanted close to 1000 per person to outfit the same family. When you are funding retirement, college and a mortgage there only so many peso's to spread around.

Don I'll have to look through my Indian/British cookbooks so we can trade some recipes

Peggy B