--- Richard BF <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm especially interested in the new members'
> opinions, as they
> probably haven't had a lot of the citizen media,
> fuck big media
> rhetoric we used to go on about  here a year ago,
> but now tend to no
> longer bother about.

i guess you asked for it, and i'm new enough, so. :)

i didn't catch on until recently that many members of
this list defined videoblogging as inherently
personal... livejournal via video, as it were.  i
don't have a problem with that as an aspect of
videoblogging.  i just also thought non-diary art was
quite significantly a part of what you seem to be
pointing at when you say 'citizen media, fuck big
media'.  i think the idea that only large networks can
push out episodic video storytelling, for instance, is
ripe for destruction, and a videoblog seems to be a
great way to distribute an antidote.  it seems like
that kind of storytelling could / should coexist
pretty easily alongside 'here is what i am thinking
right now' when it comes to what styles / genres
videoblogging should encompass or describe as a term.

-scotto

--
CHERUB - the vampire with bunny slippers
http://www.cautionzero.net/cherub/