I can tell you this, if you're not kinda 'selfless' you don't get hired
again.

Thus, those who remain / survive are kinda that way.

The occasional 'arse' does get through, but  the jerk factor in the industry
is remarkably low as a result.

1 - 2%

Whereas in the general population, I believe the jerk factor to be somewhere
just above 3%.

Definitive :)

jan

--