> Steve Watkins wrote:
>> All of the distortions and non-freeness of the market is in fact part of
>> the nature of
>> humans, how else did it come to be this way?
>
> So is crime "human nature".  Should we continue to fight crime?

I personally believe "human nature" is a bullshit notion, but if it isn't,
then history indicates that fighting crime is "human nature", too.

>> Game theory is not an accurate model of human behaviour. Not everyone
>> bahaves by those
>> rules, there is a C called collaboration that counterbalances the C of
>> competition.
>
> Are you suggesting that Game Theory doesn't explain cooperation?  If you
> are, I
> suggest you read the book
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evolution_of_Cooperation>. I found it
> very
> enlightening.

Yeah...I didn't understand the assertion, either.  Game theory absolutely
can be used to demonstrate when multiple parties will collaborate or
collude.  In fact, game theory models explain at what level of personal
gain a party can be expected to cheat on a collusion.

--
Rhett.
http://www.weatherlight.com/greentime