If these free market fantasies were ever allowed to come to true fruition, then
the true
horros of that 'natural state' would become apparent. But because there never
has, nor
ever will be a free market of this sort, and this can be blamed upon
government, its easy
to make that ideology sound rosy.

All of the distortions and non-freeness of the market is in fact part of the
nature of
humans, how else did it come to be this way?

Game theory is not an accurate model of human behaviour. Not everyone bahaves
by those
rules, there is a C called collaboration that counterbalances the C of
competition. Both of
these forces do great good and great harm. All entities with power, use that
power for
good and for harm, whatever they feel their intentions are.

It seems to me that both left-wing and right-wing, pro collective or pro
individual
ideologies, if carried to their extreme, run the risk of creating power vacuum,
and
replacing the power of the state with the laws of the jungle, and some brutal
local mafia as
the power that controls your life.

I believe in the public
I belieive in public institutions
I beleive not everything can or should have a direct profit extracted from it,
a collective
profit has advantages, even for companies of all shapes and sizes.

Yet there are overwhelming reasons to be cynical about these things I believe
in, just as
there is plenty that makes me shake my head at the free market fantasies. The
crisis in
credibility of democratic government is something to be feared more than the
government
itself. Much worse forms of command & control could be unleashed by
fundamentalists
who seek to totally eliminate their chosen scapegoat.

These arguments could rage eternal, unless resource depletion puts the gods of
growth
and competition into serious doubt, and makes the free market dream a nightmare
that is
permanently beyond reach.

United we stand, divided we fall, but we may never find a mutually acceptable
means of
uniting.  A free market is one vision of humans interacting, but its no more
'the natural
way' than centralised government control is.

Cheers

Steve Elbows
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Iliya Krempeaux" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>