I'm sorry that you've had hard financial times.  I could go into the
financial straits my family and I have endured as well, but I don't
think that's the point.  I don't think the hardship of living out of a
car is still any kind of justification that art is best served within
commodity culture.

I'm not saying that YOU should remove your work from commodity
culture.  That's not my argument - you should do whatever you feel is
right for your work and your life, and I completely respect that. I
just take issue with the notion that asking viewers to pay the
individual maker for online video is any kind of revolution or,
ultimately, a viable solution.

It's simply a philosophical disagreement - power to ya to do whatever
is right for you. I just can't guarantee that I'll pay to watch your work.