> Hmm... my Flip works fine on my Mac with no conversions. Wonder what the
> difference is?
> I have very sketchy memories of this ... but I think there's some type of
> codec that comes on the Flip that you have to install for it to work on a
> Mac ... but again, not remembering... just know that on both my Macs,
> there's absolutely no conversions needed. And that's with different Flip
> cameras, too.

So you can import your Flip videos into iMovie 09? and FCP? without conversion?

To really get to the bottom of it, open one of your Flip videos in
Quicktime....then click Apple-i.
Id love to know the specific of the codec it uses. Then we can compare.

Jay (adding more emails to this list on the topic of codecs that
confuse us because thick companies don;t want to play together)

--
http://ryanishungry.com
http://jaydedman.com