Ok. Thanks to both of you.
I'll have a look in the detail about "how to properly map a command" as you
suggest.
As for the choice of the right file to edit, do not worry, I do not have
the permissions to edit the $VIMRUNTIME directory :-D
At least we have got a clean Linux Box.

As for my problem, there's an "else" case missing in the handling of the
exceptions in the JumpToTag_ada() function. It forgets to deal with the
usual case when the tag is found :-)  :

function! JumpToTag_ada(word,...)
  if a:word == ''
    " Get current word
    let word = AdaWord()
    if word == ''
      return
    endif
  else
    let word = a:word
  endif
  if a:0 > 0
    let mode = a:1
  else
    let mode = 'tj'
  endif

  let v:errmsg = ''
  execute 'silent!' mode word
  if v:errmsg != ''
    if v:errmsg =~ '^E426:'  " Tag not found
      let ignorecase = &ignorecase
      set ignorecase
      execute mode word
      let &ignorecase = ignorecase
    else
      " Repeat to give error
      execute mode word
    endif
<These two lines beneath are to be added>
else
    execute mode word
<End of lines to add>
  endif
endfunction

I'll email the maintainer to have his opinion.

Regards,
Julien

Internet
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - 07/18/2006 02:39 PM